Car Hire Christchurch
Christchurch is not only a great urban city to explore, it is situated in the beautiful Canterbury region which has a lot of fun, exciting activities. If you are in Christchurch the easiest way to explore the area is to hire a rental car so you can go exactly where you want, when you want. Car Hire Nation makes finding a Christchurch car hire extremely simple.
Situated on the eastern coast of South Island, the city of Christchurch, New Zealand is one of the most popular tourist destinations because of its close proximity to the ocean, hills, and Aoraki Mount Cook, the highest point in the country. Home to over 340,000 residents, Christchurch is one of the most populated areas in the country and has more residents than any other city on South Island. Also known as the Garden City, Christchurch suffered massive damage from an earthquake that devastated the area in February 2011, ruining much of the architecture that the city was known for.
Christchurch has many different attractions both in the city and in the surrounding areas nearby. Many tourists hire a Christchurch car rental to visit many of the natural wonders that the Cantebury region features. Some of the most popular things to do in Christchurch include:
- Visit the International Antarctic Centre to find out what it feels like to be in the middle of a storm in Antarctica, or visit the Canterbury Museum to learn more about the history of the area – be sure to visit the Hall of Antarctic Discovery!
- Take a trip through the Botanic Gardens or a nice walk through the Christchurch Farmers Market see some of the fresh, local Canterbury produce.
- Take a trip to the Port Hills outside of Christchurch for a relaxing family picnic or visit the Wildlife Reserve in Willowbank to see local birds like the kiwi.
- Hire a car rental and travel north to the Waipara Wine Valley to see stunning landscapes or take a trip to the Hanmer Springs for a relaxing dip in a thermal pool.
- Take a boat ride from the Kaikoura coast to watch whales and dolphins any time of the year. Don’t forget about visiting the seals, too!
- Visit the Mackenzie district and experience life from the tallest mountain in New Zealand, Aoraki Mount Cook.
- Go skiing at one of the ski resorts in Mt. Hutt or Mount Lyford.
- Take a ride to South Canterbury in a car rental and see Maori Rock Art or go rafting down the Rangitata river.